When looking to replace the existing roof, a question might be what is the best product to replace it? Metal roofing is becoming more and more popular because of the benefits metal roofing holds over your traditional shingle roof. We will pass some of the benefits of a metal roof verses a shingle ply roof.
1. Let’s start with durability and warranties:Metal roofing has a lifetime manufacture warranty while most shingles life expectancy is 20-40 years. And with tile you have to pay more for the life-term of the year you select.
2. What about the maintenance on the roof? Most metal roofs have little or no need of maintenance. Sometimes you may need to have the screws re-sealed, if you live in an area with a lot of storm and harsh winds. But if it is installed with a licensed roofing contractor shall have no maintenance.But with a tray that you can perform on many factors, with the leak, shingles blown off, or slip out of place. This can be expensive for the owner.
3. Metal roofing also will reduce the heating and cooling in your home, which will save you money in the many years to come. Where a plate will not be energy efficient. Therefore, this is more of a plus to install metal roofing in your home.
4. There are many colors for the metal roof. This will add to the benefit of color choices to complement your home and add curb appeal, which is a plus for any home. Even if you are looking to sell your home in the near future, metal roofing will increase your resale value of your home. Most traditional standard shingle roofs will not add any resale to the home.
5.If you live in areas where hurricanes and strong winds due to tornado producing storms are frequent, you may choose to use a metal roofing installation to help you protect your home.Metal roofing can increase the protection of your home. Roof tile not only contribute to the protection you can get with a metal roof.
6. If metal roofing is installed in the year 2010, there may be an additional $ 1500.00 tax credit and you can also get a discount on your home insurance plan. This will be something that you must check with your insurance company. And your local roofing contractor should be able to tell what needs to be done to get the tax credit.
These are just some of the many benefits of metal roofing installed in your home. If you are environmentally friendly then you might want to know that the majority of all metal roofing products are made of recycled materials and will not be deposited in your local landfill, such as the traditional roof tiles will be discarded. This makes metal roofing is of high quality, the choice for the majority of the people in the hoje.Com our economy, in the way it is , everyone wants to save as much as possible. So metal roofing would cost a little more to install in the first place, but the benefits outweigh the costs in the coming years.
Christine writes about a variety of home improvement topics. For more information about the benefits of metal roofing, visit http://www.whirlwindsteel.com.