Many people who are still hesitant to go solar because they imagine bulky, conspicuous solar panels squatting on their roof. Others are concerned that strict owner associations would put up a fight. If this sounds familiar, solar roofing can be a good option. Consisting of solar roof tiles that interlock with your tiles, offering all the benefits of panels for a more aesthetic shape. Here are some common questions and answers about solar rooftops to get you started.
1. What is the difference between solar energy and solar panels on the roof? solar panels are rigid, glass covered modules that are mounted on the shelves above an existing roof. The Solar roof consists of roof tiles with photovoltaic elements associated with the tiles. As an integral part of your roof that produce energy and protect your home from the elements at the same time. Multi-tasking at its best!
2. What are the advantages of solar roof? Solar roof tiles combine functionality with aesthetics. Because tiles can closely mimic the shape and sometimes the color of your tile, they do not change the silhouette of your roof and is much less visible from the highway. Owner associations and historical societies that are dependent on traditional solar water heater is much more likely to allow solar roofing.
3. What are the disadvantages? As you might expect, solar roof tiles tend to be more expensive and complex for installation of solar panels. Because your solar installer will leave a part of your roof, you will want to be extra sure that it is reliable and has the certifications and insurance to do the job. Solar roofing is also less efficient than solar panels, which means you will need more roof space to generate the same amount of energy.
4. There are solar roof tiles that match the tiles? Very likely, although it is difficult to say with certainty without seeing your tiles. Solar roof tiles come in a variety of shapes, colors and sizes. The chances are very good that it is a high quality solar flat out the one that matches your house. This is a good question to ask a solar consultant!
5. What should I ask an installer what am I thinking? Solar roof, which is also known as building-integrated photovoltaics, requires a high level of experience and knowledge to achieve a good end result. You will want to choose an installer who has a lot of experience with solar roofing, has a contractor license, and is certified by NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners). A stable company with a long history is much more likely to be around in ten or twenty years to back up all warranties.
Jennifer Mo is an active environmentalist and proponent of all things that are good for the body and for our planet. Please visit Premier Power solar roof page for more information and a free solar evaluation.
Stuck In a Rut-Enjoy These Ideas for Home Improvement
To make home improvements can be difficult, even more so if you are new to them. Anyway, it is an important part of being an owner. If you are a new homeowner feeling overwhelmed with the opportunity to manage your own improvements or a veteran of many projects who’s looking for a new challenge, you will find some useful information here.
to Think two times about improving with a personal touch. The more individualized you make your renovation, the less likely it is that someone will want to buy enough to cover the cost of the work.
You should consider purchasing a combo unit if you live in a condo, apartment, or small house that does not have room for your washer and dryer. You can fit lots of combination washing machine and dryer in a small space. These combos both wash and dry your clothes.
When it is time to buy mogs, shy away from living room pieces that have active patterns in the upholstery. The whole house gets decorated around that busy pattern. Choose solid tones for your furniture such as blue, brown, green, beige or black and select your accessories with care. Create patterns with pillows and throw blankets, and do not hesitate to change patterns regularly.
When placing screws and nuts into storage containers, use hot glue. Trying to find a screw or bolt can be problematic, even if you are organized. The problem with writing words on labels is they can fade, smear or merge over time. With a real piece of hardware will not let you know definitively where everything is.
If hiring home improvement professionals, be certain companies you are considering are legitimate. Look for a actual address and in-person meetings. Stick to working with contractors and businesses that can demonstrate a strong, verifiable history.
If you discuss routes you will take in your home in the event of an emergency, it can contribute to the security of your family when you are in the house. If you have a fire or earthquake, your natural inclination will be to panic. But to work on a safe route and practicing this route can really help to alleviate the panic involved in escaping. Gather and devise a plan for a possible emergency.
Putting on a new roof can be something that costs a homeowner a little. Make sure that you get the best price by gathering estimates from at least three roofing companies. Be sure to check references for each company. You have many options when it comes to roof. You can choose from a traditional roof covering such as shingles or wooden shake, or you can choose a metal roof or a lightweight tile roof. A smart contractor can help you make a decision.
When you update your roof, it is important to find an environment of trust and a carpenter. You must do your homework before you sign on the contract. If you know someone who has dealt with the contractor, talk with them. Make sure that the company checks out with positive online reviews to reduce the risk of getting ripped off.
With the new knowledge of home improvements, there is no reason to delay any further. You should definitely use the tips and advice you’ve read here. It can be fun to transform your home. Now that you know how to make improvements, this process can be really nice.