A system of residential solar power can provide huge advantages for a property in the area in order to reduce the costs of energy, which can cause large strains in an average American home by draining large amounts from the household’s monthly budget. Even a do-it-yourself, or DIY solar power generator can reduce energy costs down to significant levels. In some cases, where the solar power backup generator is efficient enough, energy costs can drop to zero and even negative, is that the family is, in fact, return the excess power back to utility companies.
Several sets of solar power are available online and offline sources and prices are dropping considerably as further advancements make it possible for solar panels to be more affordable for the average American family. DIY solar power generator kits are also available, or you can do on your own. The following describes a procedure on how to build a solar power generator for only a few hundred dollars.
A Basic Procedure for Building Your Own DIY Solar power generator
the following describes the procedure for building a DIY solar power generator can generate 100 watt-hours of electrical energy from a daily solar exposure of just 5 hours, enough to power a 25-watt load, such as a portable computer, a fan or a small television for four hours.
* in this project, you will need a 12v solar power easily available in the market. You will also need a 4-amp charge controller and a 32 amp-hour battery. This sealed battery can store up to 400 watts of electrical energy and the charge controller can prevent the battery from overloads.
* When the solar energy is converted to electrical energy with the help of solar cells, dc or direct current is produced. But the usual household appliances use alternating current or ac and you will need a power inverter to convert DC to AC.
* To monitor the electrical load produced by a generator, as well as all levels of electric current during the charging or use of a tension meter must be integrated with your DIY solar energy generator.
* For the office, you can use wooden or plastic container where you can easily drill holes where you can send the insulated wiring for the battery and an inverter. Solar panels are packaged separately and must be installed in a strategic location on the roof where it can get maximum exposure to sunlight.
* Follow the proper wiring diagrams for your solar panel modules, which you can get from the manufacturer. The negative and the positive leads of the panels, the battery and the charge controller should be properly identified before you make any connections. Ensure that polarities are matched during connections, otherwise the vehicle could be damaged during the operation.
This DIY solar power generator can generate and store up to 400 watt-hours of electrical energy that can be used to power small appliances. This is free solar energy converted into practically usable electrical energy.
If you love this article, you will also love another article written by this article’s author on ground switch circuit fault and grounding fault protection.